Most people don’t know the difference between wireless and Bluetooth headphones. They think wireless and Bluetooth headphones are the same, but this thinking is not correct. Both types of headphones are different from each other.
What do you feel confused about? Don’t worry; we will detail discuss wireless vs. Bluetooth headphones.
It is essential to know the difference between wireless and Bluetooth headphones if you plan to buy a pair. All headphones are not Bluetooth devices, but all headphones are called Bluetooth devices.
Wireless headphones connect with the device through a signal, and they cover a long distance with a range. On the other hand, Bluetooth headphones connect one Bluetooth signal to another Bluetooth signal.
What Is The Difference Between Wireless And Bluetooth Headphones?
Wireless headphones use infrared or radio waves for sound wave signals. We use remote control tv at home and its runs with infrared waves.
Wireless headphones use the same technology as remotes. They use low-powered radio signals for wireless transmission.
On the other hand, Bluetooth headphones work in a limited range. They can connect multiple devices with radio waves and without wire or cable.
Bluetooth headphones can connect directly to other devices with Bluetooth connections like a mobile phone, smartwatch, Laptop, Bluetooth speaker, etc.
Main Differences Between Wireless and Bluetooth Headphones
- Bluetooth headphones use only radio waves to transfer audio signals, while wireless headphones use radio waves and infrared to transmit and receive audio signals.
- Wireless headphones usually require an adapter to connect to the device by default, but Bluetooth is generally built inside the machine.
- Not all wireless devices are Bluetooth devices, where all Bluetooth devices can be called wireless.
- Wireless headphones cover a wide radius of up to 300 feet, depending on environmental constraints. In contrast, Bluetooth headphones cover a small radius of 30 feet or less depending on the surroundings.
- Wired headphones have better sound quality than both wireless and Bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth headphones are more compatible with any device than wireless headphones that are only compatible with devices of the same brand.
- Bluetooth headphones are easy to use compared to wireless headphones, and they also belong in the wireless headphones category. Other wireless headphones include a 2.4 GHz proprietary radio signal, commonly used for wireless gaming headsets.
Wireless vs. Bluetooth Headphones: Differences Based on Technology
Bluetooth is a wireless technology used to connect multiple devices using radio waves without using a cable or wire in a short range. Bluetooth technology is used to send and receive data and information using Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices, such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Bluetooth headphones pair directly with your cellphone via Bluetooth to provide a wireless-free listening experience.
On the other hand, Wireless headphones transmit audio signals via infrared or radio-frequency waves. The device typically receives a signal with or without a cable from a base connected to a device such as a speaker, smartphone, gaming console, or computer. The headphone is powered by a standard battery, which can be easily replaced if not the juice.
- Infrared: It works just like your TV remote. The device uses infrared waves to transmit audio signals from the base unit to the headphones. The operating range is slightly limited in IR, which is optical, so it needs a clear line view to work. So limited range means limited movement, which means the distance between the headphone and the transmitter should be 7 meters or less.
- Radio: As a radio, it uses radio waves to be more powerful than infrared signals, making it easier for you to move around the house with your headphones. The range is good enough; If the environment is free of obstructions like walls and cabinets, let’s say up to 300 feet. Depending on the environment, the range may vary.
Wireless vs. Bluetooth Headphones: Differences Based on Range
One of the essential elements you can use to differentiate between wireless and Bluetooth headphones is the wireless connection. The connection range on Bluetooth headphones is usually 30 feet (7 to 9 meters).
In wireless headphones, the range is about 300 feet (90 meters). Still, advances in Bluetooth technology have increased the range to about 650 feet (200 meters), and you can get this range on the headphones that come with Bluetooth 5.0.
Wireless vs. Bluetooth Headphones Sound Quality
One of the essential aspects of different headphones is sound quality. Both use wireless technology, so there is no difference. Earlier, you already know wired headphones sound better than both wireless and Bluetooth headphones. But do you know?
Earlier versions of Bluetooth lost sound quality due to the dramatic contraction of the signal, but Bluetooth technology has made modern wireless headphones much better than their predecessors.
The technology of Bluetooth headphones has been updated over time due to technological advances that have raised the sound quality to an unprecedented level.
Are wireless or Bluetooth headphones better?
Most wireless headphones use Bluetooth technology. Because now Bluetooth is an essential feature of every device and it is popular technology.
Bluetooth headphones give you more space to use Bluetooth-enabled electronics devices. This is considered to be safe since Bluetooth connections were made possible by natural pairing.
Do wireless headphones need Bluetooth?
All wireless headphones use Bluetooth technology. So that answer is yes! But there has a way to use wireless headphones without Bluetooth.
It depends on which type of wireless headphones you use. If you want to use radio waves transmission, then you can use wireless headphones without Bluetooth.
How do you connect wireless Bluetooth headphones?
1. On an iPhone, go to Settings> Bluetooth and then toggle the switch on. It will search for devices.
2. On Android devices, drag the shadow down from the top of the phone and long-press the Bluetooth icon.
How do wireless headphones connect to a PC?
1. First, open settings.
2. Then tap Connections.
3. Then tap Bluetooth.
4. Then tap the scan at the top-right of your screen.
5. After that, press and hold with the power button on your headphones.
6. Finally, locate your headphones and tap them.
It is proven in the above that Bluetooth headphones are also wireless headphones. So now the choice depends on you. Don’t buy headphones only for good looks. It would help if you thought about their quality and your requirement.
The most comfortable and dural headphones are Bluetooth or wireless. Most users prefer Bluetooth headphones for ease of use and compatibility with multiple devices. Read the Wireless vs. Bluetooth Headphones comparison before buying.