Do you have dirty earbuds? If so, don’t worry. You are not alone. It can be difficult to keep your earbuds clean because they get used a lot and accumulate dirt from the environment in which they are used.
Fortunately, there are some easy ways that you can clean them up! There are many different ways to clean them, but this article will provide you with some helpful tips about doing it the right way.
If you want to find How to Clean Samsung Earbuds then you are in right place. In this article, we will discuss how to properly care for your Samsung earbuds so that they look and sound like new again.
Why Do my Earbuds Get Dirty?
Earbuds are easy to use and can be bought at affordable prices. Unfortunately, they’re also tiny, so you might forget that they exist in your bag until you want them again.
But then, when it comes time for the next round of music listening or phone calls. Wait! Where is my earbud? It has dirt on it now from being smashed into a balled-up piece of paper in your bookbag all day long!
- Earbuds can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Bacteria is attracted to earwax, and it’s not uncommon to have wax build up inside your ears.
- When you sweat, the bacteria in your ear canal can mix with oils from your skin and form a film on the wires that leads to corrosion and eventually rusting.
- The more you use them, the dirtier they get – this includes touching them with dirty hands or storing them in dark places where dust accumulates.
- If you’re using an old pair of earphones, they may not seal properly around your ears, which will allow more sound leakage than newer models.
- Finally, there are many ways people put their headphones on that lead to damage wearing them while lying down; putting pressure on one side by sleeping on it; wrapping cables too tightly around devices like smartphones.
- To keep yourself healthy and prevent hearing loss caused by loud sounds through headphones/earbuds, make sure you clean out debris from time to time (not just once every six months) using cotton swabs dipped in alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
- Store these items away from extreme temperatures, so they don’t warp.
How to Clean Samsung Earbuds?
Cleaning earbuds are not only good for hygiene and health. It also ensures that you are getting the most out of your investment in quality headphones or earphones.
Over time, earwax gradually builds up inside the device, leading to poor sound clarity and muffled noise. These tips will help you get rid of this issue so that you can properly enjoy the music you love.
To clean the Samsung Earbuds, you need the following materials:
- A bowl of water (with or without bleach): Bowl of water with or without bleach is used to clean the earbuds. Water alone is not sufficient; you will need a drop of bleach too. It is optional, and if you have sensitive skin, then skip it.
- Cotton swabs: You can use standard cotton swabs bought from a store meant for cleaning ears to remove dirt/debris stuck inside your earphones.
- Small Toothbrush: You will also need a small toothbrush with soft bristles, preferably one that has never been used before on anything else. Cleaning the brushes with an unknown brush may transfer debris or bacteria to your earbud’s rubber surface. So make sure you don’t use that old brush!
- Rubbing alcohol (optional): This is your final line of defense against any dirt or debris that may have made it into the earpiece. Here you can choose to use soap and water instead of rubbing alcohol too.
- Tissue paper/Cloth: After your earbuds are squeaky clean, you will need to dry them using a soft cloth or tissue paper.
- Q-tips (Also optional): If your earbuds need to be cleaned deeper inside the rubber housing, you can use q-tips. But make sure not to push it too deep or damage the wires.
Here are the steps you can do to clean your earbuds:
Step 1: We can start with turning them off, removing earbuds from mobiles connected using a 3.5 mm jack, and then press the button available on the top for 5-6 seconds until a red light flashes.
After which, you will find the voice prompting you whether you want to disable your device completely and remove all connections with other devices.
Choose OK when you prompted there because otherwise, we may end up breaking our headpieces.
Step 2: Remove any buttons on the earpieces, and you need to keep them in a safe place because after cleaning, they will be put back.
Step 3: You have to dip your earbuds into a vinegar solution containing white vinegar and water (50:50 ratio). Do not use much water as it may flow inside the speakers.
Step 4: After dipping, leave it like that for 15 minutes so that all dirt comes out. The process is very simple, so do not worry about something complex happening here.
Instead, be relaxed, calm, and composed while removing wax from your Samsung Earphones.
Step 5: Now, take it with yourself near running tap water and remove all dirt that might look like jelly now on your earpiece’s exterior side. Also, clean its exterior and interior side.
Step 6: Dry it off with a clean towel because moisture can cause ear wax deposition. Then after drying completely, put back all buttons which were removed earlier in their place properly.
Step 7: Use your blow dryer to dry the headpieces in this way, and then after putting them back, test them out for any kinds of distortions or breaks in sound quality.
If you do not find anything wrong with it, things are good to go, but if you feel like there is some problem in working earphones again, go into vinegar solution for a few more minutes until they work perfectly fine.
Many users have used this cleaning method, and all have given positive feedback about its result. Of course, even if you choose to use other cleaning agents, you need to ensure that they do not damage the material used for making headpieces. However, this is the only way to clean earbuds from wax properly and make them like new again.
How do you clean clogged Samsung earbuds?
You can try to clean your headphones with a mixture of water and vinegar, but if they are very dirty, you may need to use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide instead.
A really good way to clean your headphones is with a mixture of water and vinegar. I would recommend using about 50% each, so, for example, mix 2 cups of water and 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
Just put a few drops on a cotton ball and gently wipe down the headphone speakers without getting too close to the ear canal. Then use a dry cotton ball to soak up the excess liquid and a paper towel to make sure it’s not very wet when you put them back into your ears.
After wiping down all of your earbuds with the hydrogen peroxide, I recommend letting them dry out for at least an hour before putting them back in your ears.
Advance Cleaning Tools
[amazon box=”B007ORQ01K” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B00ANL4Z4I” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B00FZYT278″ template=”horizontal”]
Clean Samsung earbuds are a great investment because they last much longer than cheaper models. Cleaning them regularly will help keep your buds in good working order and may extend their lifespan by as many as two years!
I hope you got your answer about “How to Clean Samsung Earbuds.”