When the cold weather hits, it’s important to have a few key items in your wardrobe to keep you warm. Beanie hats are a great addition to the chilly weather outfit, and headphones make them even better as they keep ears and heads warm.
But the question is Can You Wear Headphones Over Your Beanie? Yes! When you wear your headphones over a beanie, it can or cannot affect your headphones. Some headphones or earbuds may not fit properly over the beanie, and some will work fine.
Here are a few tips on how to wear headphones with a beanie without compromising comfort or style.
What Is a Beanie Hat?
A beanie is a hat with tightly packed, usually cylindrical folds of knitted material. This can be made from wool, cotton, synthetic fibers such as polypropylene, acrylic, or polyester.
Beanies are popular for heads that may be sensitive to cold temperatures or have little available space for conventional hats (e.g., when wearing protective helmets, for sailors or skiers).
They are sometimes worn purely by tradition. Beanies may be considered a type of skullcap.
How to Wear Headphones with a Beanie?
Wearing headphones over a beanie may not be as simple as it seems, and the style you’ll end up wearing may not necessarily be what you imagined.
Besides looking good, people who wear headphones over their beanies must know how to do it properly to enjoy music without any problems.
The most important fact is which type of headphones you use and how they fit your head.
Here is a brief guide on how to wear headphones with a beanie beautifully and effectively.
Wired type of headphone
If they are wired types of headphones, you need to figure out how to carry the wire, so it doesn’t get caught on anything when you move around with your beanie on. There are several options:
1. Anchor the wire under your beanie.
2. Run the wire through one of the top holes in your beanie.
3. Tighten the wire around your head so that it sits on or just above your ears to keep it out of view.
4. Use a clip to attach the wire to your hat.
Wireless type of headphone
For wireless types of headphones, you have to ensure that the earpieces are secure and don’t fall out when you wear a beanie. They should sit tightly on your ears, so the wind doesn’t blow them away.
The main difference between wired and wireless types of headphones is how they get power. Wired types of headphones get power from the device they are plugged into, while wireless types of headphones have built-in batteries that need to be charged before use.
Here is how you can wear the wireless type of headphones with a beanie:
1. Cover your beanie’s top section where the earbuds are inserted, but keep the lower portion of your beanie free so you can hear people speaking to you.
2. Position your wireless headphones along with your temples or inside your beanies to conceal them from view.
3. Ensure that the earbuds are firmly fitted in their respective holes and have noise-cancellation features turned on for maximum sound clarity.
4. For extra security, use headphones that go around your ears or have hooks to keep them in place.
5. Make sure your headphones are compatible with your device and know how to use them properly.
Bone Conduction Types of Headphones
If you wear a beanie and want to hear the music, we recommend going for Bone Conduction Headphones.
This type of headphones is designed so that the sound waves travel through your skull and reach your ear canal directly.
So when you wear this, you can listen to music even if you wear a hat or helmet on your head.
They are designed not to cover the earbuds, so some people who have hearing problems can wear them without any problem.
So if you are wearing a beanie and want to listen to music, go for Bone Conduction Headphones. You can use it with your smartphone, laptop, or any other device that can connect to Bluetooth.
Some bone conduction headphones suggestions to wear with beanie:
1. AfterShokz OpenMove Wireless Bone Conduction Open-Ear Bluetooth Headphones:
[amazon box=”B08BZF5W7N” template=”vertical”]
They are recommended if you are looking for affordable wireless headphones with Bluetooth connectivity. It comes with a volume controller and microphone to make or answer calls. Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 connection with 32 feet connectivity range. The battery life is up to 6 hours on a full charge.
2. AfterShokz Aeropex Open-Ear Bluetooth Bone Conduction Sport Headphones:
[amazon box=”B07RRQ59JR” template=”vertical”]
These headphones are designed to be used while you are working out. They have an excellent sound quality and do not fall off when you sweat or run. These headphones are IP67 Waterproof Rating, rainproof, and splash-proof, ideal for outdoor activities like running, hiking, biking, etc.
These can be used with your smartphone or laptop to bring you great sound.
3. Tayogo Sweatproof Wireless Bluetooth Bone Conducting Earbuds for Sport:
[amazon box=”B07Y1QMHW5″ template=”vertical”]
These earphones are compatible with most latest and new smartphones like iPhone, Samsung, etc. They have a built-in mic to take calls and have a long battery life of up to 7 hours.
They are sweatproof and waterproof, making them perfect for use in the gym or when you are working out.
How to Wear Over-Ear Headphones with a Beanie?
Over-ear headphones are the most significant type of headphones available, and they cover your entire ear. The good thing about over-ears is that there are no wires to deal with; plus, these types of headphones give you excellent sound quality.
Wearing over-ear headphones over a beanie may not be as simple as it seems, and the style you’ll end up wearing may not necessarily be what you imagined.
Besides looking good, people who wear over-ear headphones with a beanie must know how to do it properly to enjoy music without any problems.
The most important fact is which type of over-ear headphones you use and how they fit your head.
Here is a brief guide on how to wear over-ear headphones with a beanie beautifully and effectively.
1. Make sure your beanie is not too thick or
2. Make sure your headphones are adjustable enough to fit over the hat.
3. Keep the heat low.
4. Pull one side of the hat down lower than usual. This way, you can pull out the headphone cable.
5. Do not keep constantly adjusting after putting on the headphone.
And that’s all there is to it!
Preventing Sweat from Getting into Headphones with a Beanie
If you sweat a lot, wearing headphones with a beanie is not the best idea. It would be better to go for something like Bone Conduction Headphones, which would work great in these conditions.
But if you love your over-ear headphones and want to wear them with your beanie, then here are some tips for preventing sweat from getting into the headphones.
1. Make sure there is no gap between your head and the beanie or cap you are wearing.
2. You must also make sure that your headphone cable does not contact the hatband/edge of your beanie/cap as it can get separated due to this.
3. Wear over-the-ear headphones with a long cable that can be worn around the neck instead of on top of your head so that it gives you enough length to wear the hat comfortably.
4. If sweat is getting inside the headphone’s cushions, you can always wipe it off with some antiseptic tissue or cotton cloth.
5. Check that the headphone cushions properly fit your head or ear before you start wearing the beanie over it.
6. You can also use an accessory like SweatGuard, which does not entirely stop sweat from getting in but helps reduce this moisture in headphones by 50 percent to 60 percent.
Headphones are an essential part of your wardrobe, and you can wear them with almost anything to make your outfit look stylish.
Beanies are not just for winter or cold weather; they can give you great style even in summer.
You might be wondering if it’s okay to wear headphones over a beanie, but the fact is that this is a great style statement and helps you stay warm as well.
As long as your headphone is compatible with your beanie, there’s no reason why you cannot enjoy music the way you like, whenever you want.