Powerbeats pro is an earbud of Beats by Dr. Dre, a world-renowned audio company. The earbuds have been designed to deliver the best sound quality and make them comfortable to wear for long periods.
The earbuds are sweat and water-resistant and have a secure-fit design that stays in place even during intense workouts. The earbuds are advanced features such as noise cancellation and hands-free Siri support.
Despite their impressive features, some users have reported that their powerbeats pro connected but no sound. In particular, they can’t hear any sound even when the earbuds are correctly connected to their iOS, Android, and PC device.
We will solve the problem, but before solving the problem, you need to understand why this problem is happening.
Why Are The Powerbeats Pro Connected But No Sound?
There could be a few reasons why the powerbeats pro earbuds are not outputting any sound even though they are correctly connected to an iOS device.
It could be a hardware issue, a software issue, or both. Let’s take a look at each of these possibilities in more detail.
1. Hardware Issue:
The most likely cause of this problem is a hardware issue with the earbuds themselves. This could be due to a manufacturing defect or physical damage.
2. Software Issue:
Another possibility is a software issue preventing the earbuds from outputting sound. This could be due to a problem with the earbuds’ firmware or a compatibility issue with the iOS device.
3. Combination of Hardware and Software Issues:
It is also possible that the problem is a combination of hardware and software issues. In this case, we recommend taking the earbuds to an authorized Beats by Dr. Dre service center for further diagnosis.
4. Audio port may be faulty:
If the problem is only with one earbud, the audio port on the device may be faulty. Try using a different audio port or connecting the earbuds to another device to see if the problem persists.
5. Setting problem:
There is a possibility that the problem is with the settings on your device or the earbuds. The earbuds may not be set as the default audio output device. Alternatively, the volume on the earbuds or your device may be too low.
6. Battery issue:
Another possibility is that the battery on the earbuds is drained. If the earbuds are not charging or only holding a charge for a short amount of time, this could be the problem.
7. Defective earbuds:
Unfortunately, it is also possible that the problem is with the earbuds themselves, and they are defective.
8. Firmware not updated:
Sometimes, the earbuds may not be outputting any sound because the firmware is not updated. It is also possible the update was not installed correctly.
10 Best Ways to Fix Powerbeats Pro Connected but No Sound
If you face the problem of powerbeats pro connected but no sound, don’t worry. We will solve the problem. But before solving the problem, you need to understand why this problem is happening.
1. Check Hardware Issue
The first thing you should do is check whether there is a hardware issue with your earbuds. This could be due to a manufacturing defect or physical damage. If you find that the problem is with the earbuds, we recommend taking them to an authorized Beats by Dr. Dre service center for further diagnosis.
2. Check Software Issue
If there is no hardware issue with the earbuds, the problem might be with the software. This could be due to corrupt or outdated firmware. You need to connect your earbuds to a compatible device and update the firmware to check this.
3. Check Connection Issue
If the earbuds are not connecting to the device, there might be a problem. This could be due to a weak or unstable connection. You need to restart your earbuds and reconnect them to the device to check this.
4. Reset Your Powerbeats Pro
If you are still facing the problem of powerbeats pro connected but no sound, you need to reset your earbuds.
How to restart powerbeats pro?
Reset Powerbeats Pro is a simple task. Here we go:
- Your both earbuds keep in the case.
- It would be best if you kept the case open.
- Now press the system button of the case.
- After pressing the button, you should hold the button for 15 seconds.
- Or release the button when the LED indicator light flashes red and white.
Now your Powerbeats Pro earbuds reset, it’s time to connect with your iPhone.
5. Check the Volume of the device
You should check whether the volume on your iPhone, Android, and PC is turned off or not.
For iPhone or ISO
- Firstly, you need to check the ringer.
- Then go to Settings >> Sounds/Volume.
- Here, you should turn up the ringer and check whether it is working.
- If it is not working, you should try to put your iPhone in silent mode and then turn on the ringer.
If your iPhone is in silent mode, you can turn on the ringer by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to go to Settings >> Sounds/Volume.
- Then turn off the switch for Silent Mode.
For Android Device
- It would help if you went to Settings >> Sound.
- The sound mode is usually located at the top of the screen.
- It would help to make sure that the sound mode is not set to vibrate or silent.
- It would be best if you changed it to ring or loud.
- Firstly, you should check the sound icon in the taskbar.
- If the sound icon is turned off, then you need to turn it on by following the steps given below:
- Right-click on the sound icon and select Playback devices from the menu.
- You need to select the Speakers in the Playback tab and then click on the Set Default button.
- Now click on the OK button to save the changes.
- You should now be able to hear the sound from your speakers.
6. Check the Equalizer setting of your device
It is important to set your EQ correctly because it can fix many sound-related problems.
If you are using iPhone or iPad, you can follow the steps given below to change the EQ settings:
- Firstly, you need to go to Settings >> Music.
- Then, scroll down and tap on the EQ option.
- Now, you need to select the EQ Preset you want to use.
If you are using an Android device, you can follow the steps given below to change the EQ settings:
- Firstly, you need to go to Settings >> Sound.
- Then, scroll down and tap on the Equalizer option.
- Now, you need to enable the Equalizer and select the EQ Preset you want to use.
If you are using a PC, you can follow the steps given below to change the EQ settings:
- Firstly, you need to go to Start >> Control Panel.
- Then click on Hardware and Sound and then select sound.
- You need to choose the Speakers in the Playback tab and click on the Properties button.
- Now go to the Enhancements tab and select the Equalizer checkbox.
- You should now be able to see the Equalizer settings.
- It would help to drag the slider up or down to increase or decrease the sound level.
7. Check if there is any physical damage
Physical damage can happen if you have dropped your earbuds. Then it could be why you are facing the problem of powerbeats pro connected but no sound.
You should check the earbuds for any physical damage, and if there is any damage, you should contact the customer support of Beats by Dr. Dre for assistance.
8. Update the firmware of your earbuds
If you are still facing the problem of powerbeats pro connected but no sound, you should try to update the firmware of your earbuds.
You can follow the steps given below to update the firmware of your earbuds:
- Firstly, you need to connect your earbuds to your computer.
- Then, you need to open the Beats Updater application.
- If there is an update available, you need to click on the Update button.
- The firmware will now be updated, and you should be able to use your earbuds without any problem.
9. Bluetooth Connection
The Bluetooth version of your device should be compatible with the Bluetooth version of your earbuds.
If the Bluetooth version of your earbuds is not compatible with the Bluetooth version of your device, then you will face the problem of powerbeats pro connected but no sound.
10. Audio port
The audio port of your device should be clean and clear because dirt or dust can block the connection between the earbuds and the device.
It would be best if you used a cotton swab to clean the audio port of your device.
How To Increase Volume On Powerbeats Pro?
There are a few things that you can try if you are having trouble with the volume on your Powerbeats Pro earbuds.
1. Check the Equalizer setting of your device:
The Equalizer setting on your device can sometimes change the sound output, causing the Powerbeats Pro earbuds to appear quieter. Check to see if the Equalizer is turned on and, if so, what settings are selected.
2. Update your device’s software:
Software updates can sometimes improve sound quality and volume output. Check to see if there are any updates available for your device.
3. Clean the charging case and earbuds:
Lint or other debris can sometimes accumulate on the charging contacts of the earbuds or charging case, causing a decrease in sound quality and volume. Try cleaning the charging contacts with a dry cotton swab.
4. Use app volume booster:
If you are using an iPhone, a setting in the accessibility options can be turned on to increase the volume of all sounds on your device, including the Powerbeats Pro earbuds.
To access this setting, go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Volume Booster.
5. Check the audio settings in the Powerbeats Pro app:
The Powerbeats Pro app has a few different audio settings that can be adjusted.
- Open the app and go to the Devices tab to access these settings.
- Then, tap on the earbuds in the list of devices and select the Audio Settings option.
- You can adjust the EQ presets, enable/disable noise cancellation, and adjust the max volume limit.
Why Aren’t Powerbeats Pro Not Connecting?
There are a few things that you can try if your Powerbeats Pro earbuds are not connecting to your device.
1. Check the Bluetooth connection:
Ensure that your Powerbeats Pro earbuds are correctly paired with your device via Bluetooth. If they are not, follow the instructions in the Powerbeats Pro manual to pair them.
2. Check the firmware:
There may be a problem with the earbuds’ firmware. You can update the firmware by following the instructions in the Powerbeats Pro manual.
3. Check the battery:
Make sure that your earbuds are charged. Connect them to their charging case or a power source using the included Lightning cable if they’re not.
4. Check the environment:
There may be interference from other devices or objects in the area that is causing problems with the connection. Try moving to a different location and see if that helps.
5. Restart your device:
If you’re still having trouble connecting, try restarting your device.
6. Contact customer support:
If you’ve tried all of the above and still have trouble connecting, don’t hesitate to contact Beats customer support for assistance.
We believe this article has helped you in some way to fix the Powerbeats Pro connected but no sound issue. You can try all the methods and see which one works for you. If none of the methods work, we recommend you visit the Beats Store, as they will help you better.
6 Common Questions About Powerbeats Pro
Why is Powerbeats pro not flashing red?
If your Powerbeats Pro earbuds are not flashing red, it could be due to several reasons.
First, check to make sure that the earbuds are correctly charged. If they are not, charge them for at least 30 minutes before trying again.
Next, check if the earbuds are correctly connected to your device. If they are not, then try reconnecting them.
Finally, if the earbuds still will not flash red, reset them by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
How do I troubleshoot my Powerbeats Pro?
There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot your Powerbeats Pro:
1. Make sure that your Powerbeats Pro is charged and turned on.
2. Check the Bluetooth connection between your Powerbeats Pro and your device.
3. If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your Powerbeats Pro.
How long does Powerbeats Pro last?
Powerbeats Pro lasts for up to 9 hours on a single charge.
How do I clean my Powerbeats Pro?
To clean your Powerbeats Pro, use a soft, dry cloth. Avoid using harsh cleaning agents or chemicals. You can also use Earbuds Cleaner Kit.
Can I use Powerbeats Pro in the rain?
Yes, Powerbeats Pro is designed to be sweat and water-resistant. However, they are not waterproof and should not be submerged in water.
Is Powerbeats Pro compatible with Android devices?
Powerbeats Pro is compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled Android devices. Please visit the Beats by Dre website for a list of compatible devices.
How do I know if my Powerbeats Pro is paired with my device?
When your Powerbeats Pro is successfully paired with your device, the LED indicator on each earbud will pulse white. Additionally, you should hear an audible tone when the earbuds are successfully paired.